Spend 2 days in Lethem and 5 days in Guyana to experience riding on horseback over the savanna, spotting giant anteaters or rounding up cattle on this 7-day adventure.
- Auf Tuchfühlung mit wilden Tieren
- Fantastischer Ausblick
- Kann nach Ihren Wünschen organisiert werden
- Jede Menge Insidertipps
- Querfeldein mit dem Geländewagen
- Erleben Sie die einheimische Tierwelt aus nächster Nähe
Come and experience the lifestyle by staying on a family ranch 2-4 hours drive away from Lethem. Embark on this 5-day experience down south to one of the most beautiful places in Guyana where there will be time to experience all the aspects of the life of the family.
Live in the ranch house or in one of their small self contained cabins and enjoy food cooked by the wife, known as one of the best chefs in the Rupununi. Every day starts early in the morning when the cool air and first light surround the savannas. You will get a chance to ride with the vaqueros to round up cattle and bring it back to the corral.
In the right season, the corall work is one of the best experiences. The vaqueros will catch the young cattle with lassos and bring them down to be branded by a burning hot iron. Participation is welcomed but practice caution. Giant anteater spotting is done on horseback. The horses gives a brilliant chance of getting up close to these majestic creatures since they don’t seem to fear them as much as humans. Be sure to snap a photo for they are the biggest of their kind in the whole world.
The nearby creek can give you quite a relief from the midday sun where you can bath, fish or dive for fish in the clear water streaming from the mountains. At nighttime there is a good chance of spotting animals and if the boat is around, the son will be able to take you out on the river to spot some of the many animals living here at nighttime.
For the hardcore rider, a longer day or multiple-day trip can be arranged on horseback to Shiriri Mountain or even further away. However, this trip is not for beginners because vaqueros are both routine and riding fast. For experienced riders, this additional trip can be exciting and challenging!
Informationen zum Zeitplan
Wählen Sie einen Monat aus, für den Angaben zu Verfügbarkeit und Terminen angezeigt werden sollen.
Informationen zu den Preisen
Klicken Sie auf den nachfolgenden Link, um die Kosten und Verfügbarkeit für den gewünschten Reisetermin zu überprüfen. Unsere Preise werden ständig aktualisiert, damit wir Ihnen immer den günstigsten Preis anbieten können.
Riding the Savanna
- 5-day full accommodation at ranch
- 2-day accommodation on hotel in Lethem, no meals included
- Transport by bus in/out
- Transport from pick up point 4x4 in/out
- Riding equipment
- Helmet (Optional)
- Diving glasses and snorkel (if needed)
- Personal travel insurance is required. Nobody is allowed to participate in the tour without being able to give policy number, emergency contact number and name of insurance company)
- Transportation to ranch (optional. See Tour options)
- Tips for guides
- Any meals not mentioned in program
- Any activities not mentioned in program
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Please note: You do not need a lot of stuff to participate at the ranch but there are a couple of things we would advise to bring to make your stay more comfortable. Remember, you cannot buy anything down there so you better buy your supplies in advance.
- Pair of Jeans for riding (needs to be allowed to get messy)
- Shirt for riding (needs to be allowed to get messy)
- Riding shoes (Converse, snickers etc. can all be used but watch out for types with wide sole, you might get stuck in stirrups)
- Hat (Cowboy hat for sun protection)
- Sunscreen (the higher factor the better)
- Small medical kit (you need to be able to look after small injuries like cuts and blisters from your own kit: You will need Zinc oxide tape, antiseptic wipes, assorted plasters, duct tape)
- Bathing clothes
- Besides that bring a couple of extra pair of clothes for nighttime
- Personal hygiene (tooth brush, tooth paste, soap etc.)
- Malaria Tablets (Talk with your doctor)
- Mosquito repellent (50% DEET is sufficient)
- Pocket money (Souvenirs, tips for guides)
- Camera equipment (Remember to bring additional water protection such as dry bags for this! It is your own responsibility to take care of it in this environment)