Smell the spices that were traded by Renaissance merchants and feast on stuffed breads and pasta as history comes to life on your plate.
This dining experience takes place in a private “closed-door restaurant” tucked away in the ancient Oltrarno neighborhood. A maximum of 12 people will gather at an intimate communal table with candles.
- Genießen Sie einen romantischen Abend inklusive Abendessen
- Tolles Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
- Kleine Gruppen, persönlicher Service
- Ideal für Erstbesucher
- Führung mit Kunsthistoriker
The Dinner menu is centered on the revival and recreation of old world dishes and you will get a taste of Renaissance history with a meal fit for the Medici family.
The Chef will share rich food stories including the famous "duck with oranges" that was beloved by Caterina de Medici and the garlic croutons made for the Emperor Charlemagne.
All organic ingredients include ancient grains and fragrant fresh herbs and all dishes are entirely prepared from scratch, from bread to dessert.
Other dishes include (Sample Menu):
- Ravioli with wild field greens
- Fresh home-made Pasta
- Chocolate mixed with meat as it was enjoyed when the Spanish explorers first brought it to Italy from the New World explorations
- Wild game from the Tuscan countryside
- Roast pork with star anise and cloves
- Soup with potatoes and cinnamon
- Sweet cream flavored with saffron
Dinner includes discussion of the history of each dish and online access to the recipe.
This experience is recommended for foodies, history and art lovers, Slow Food movement followers. Dishes may include meats such as rabbit, boar, pork, pheasant, quail, duck, partridge, pheasant, lamb or liver. The chef always uses the freshest organic ingredients based on what’s best at market.
Because of the historical presentation, substitutions cannot be made, however the chef will omit any undesired ingredients and accommodate food allergies if notified in advance.
The dinner does not allow for completely vegetarian preparations (during the Renaissance were not used many vegetables and much of what we consider "normal", such as tomatoes or potatoes were not yet consumed).
As a "closed-door restaurant", you will experience authentic cuisine and meet new friends around a shared table.
Informationen zum Zeitplan
Wählen Sie einen Monat aus, für den Angaben zu Verfügbarkeit und Terminen angezeigt werden sollen.
Informationen zu den Preisen
Klicken Sie auf den nachfolgenden Link, um die Kosten und Verfügbarkeit für den gewünschten Reisetermin zu überprüfen. Unsere Preise werden ständig aktualisiert, damit wir Ihnen immer den günstigsten Preis anbieten können.
Caramelized Onion Caterina de Medici's Soufflé
- Glass of wine
- Glass of Aperitivo
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Extra Wine (not included)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is not available
- Not wheelchair accessible: please note that there is no elevator to the private restaurant. It is located on the second floor (43 steps)
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for children under 5 years old (unless the group books the entire table)
- No pets allowed
Bei Stornierungen, die zwischen 3 und 6 Tage vor dem geplanten Abreisedatum erfolgen, fallen Stornogebühren von 50 Prozent an.
Bei Stornierungen innerhalb von 2 Tagen bis zum geplanten Abreisedatum fallen Stornogebühren von 100 Prozent an.